Re: Whats for dinner???
Originally Posted by JLA
Delicious. i too cook beans without salt. usually because I make a big ol pot and use about 3 pounds of bacon, and bacon is plenty salty by its self. My fav bacon to use for beans is Wright brand ends and pieces. And my fav beans is regular ol pintos.
Cooked a pot of pintos the other day, but instead of bacon I use ham hocks, and sausage. 4 hocks, and 1/2 lb of sausage (cut into bite sized) per pound of beans. Ham hocks, and sausage are put into the pot at the same time the beans are.
1 large onion chopped
1 large green bell pepper sliced thin
1 large red bell pepper sliced thin
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tsp black pepper
salt, and LA hot sause to taste
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.