Re: When "IT" happens (what ever IT may be)
Originally Posted by soundguy
solar cell and battery would do it... doesn't even have to be a big cell.. could be a small sell scavenged off of some solar appliance in correct votlage range. ( electric fence charger, electric gate opener.. rv charger, car bat maintainer.. etc... )
cb or ham antenna mounted in a tree top should hit some decent range.
If I had a tower 50 feet tall, and was trying to opperate a CB, I might get out to 15 - 20 miles. Might get some skip, but with only a battery, I wouldn't have enough power to talk very far at all. Same thing with the Ham radio, but with cleaner channels, and less interferance I could talk a little further. Radios that "Talk" need a linear to power them up. A cheap linear designed to key up with the final 3 watts from a CB radio, or Ham radio, will give you about 200 watts final output. Now I can talk about 50 miles under ideal conditions.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.