Re: Your Favorite Eats When Hunting
Originally Posted by woolleyworm
Jerky, trail mix and some dried fruit. Dried fruit is one of my must haves no matter what I'm doing. Apricots and pineapple are my favorites.
Trail mix is great, I love it, especially the dried fruits. But for us that are diabetic, the dried fruits can get us in trouble real quick! Then there's the nuts. Again, those of us that are diabetic have to be careful not to eat too many of them. About 1oz. is a serving for us. If I chose to go with a home made trail mix, it would be 1oz mixed nuts, and two, or three pieces of dried fruit! Not much there! Meats, and eggs, won't spike our blood sugars, but we still have to watch how much we eat. If I take an apple with me, I can only eat half of it at a meal!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.