Re: I had my first negligent discharge today.
I've seen a couple, and have one AD, and one ND. The AD was on an old single barrel shot gun, a Long Tom. Out coon hunting, and headed home. Came to a fence with the guys I was hunting with, and started to unload the gun. Muzzle up, and when I opend the breach, BANG! The firing pin was stuck against the shell! Scared the stuff out of everyone, but no one was hurt. The ND occured while at a friends house. He wanted to show me his shotgun. It was in the back of the closet, in a zippered gun case. How was I supposed to know that it was loaded? But I had taken it out side under the carport, a bird flew by! I shouldered the gun, and bang! Scared the stuff out of us all! I saw a lesson learned with ND's. A friend, who was a shade tree gun smith, had another friend come over with a Raven .25 that needed work. The guy with the gun brought it, and a mag full of ammo. He handed the gun, and mag, to Smitty seperately. Smitty loaded the mag, pulled back the slide, and released it. Full auto right into the living room wall! If God allows me to live long enough I'll see this stuff again, and it could happen to me again! I know this, so I try to pay attention to where my gun is pointed at all times, and pray that God will keep me safe!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.