Re: My Chess Game
Back in the mid '70's I was just out of the AF, and working in a doughnut shop. Another employee there loved to play chess, and he was good. I could not beat him, not even come close! He knew of a chess tournament that was being held at the Boy Scout hut in Merced, CA, where we were working. He talked me into going, so I did. We were walking around looking at some very expensive sets, and boards. I found one that was just beautiful, and was admiring it. The owner stepped up, and offered to play me a game. Dumb as I was, I knew I was going to get my butt kicked, but I figured what the heck! I only know one gambit, and I opend with it, fools mate. It took this guy an hour to kick my butt, but he did it, and did it well. He was a rated player, and knew so much about chess that he didn't recognize the gambit I opend with. This guy beat me with almost nothing but pawns! I was embarrassed that I lost, but he was more embarrassed that I almost beat him with a beginners gambit!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.