Re: scope it or modify stock?
That's a Monte Carlo stock. They don't fit me either. If you are going to be shooting at distance, you might want a scope for better accuracy. If you want to use the open sights, then cutting down the stock is the way to go. If you decide to cut the stock down, you need to know how low it has to be! And you will have to refinish all the wood. Personally, if it were my gun, and I wanted it to look really good, I would have someone do the wood work that was a professional, rather than attempt it myself. I have done a lot of work with wood, thus, my handle, carver.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.