Re: I had my first negligent discharge today.
Many years ago I was with a group getting certified as divers. Sitting around one evenging with nothing to do we all got to talking, and that came around to guns. One of the guys had his in the car, and wanted to show us his new toy. We all walked out to his car, and he produced a 9mm from a gun rug. He handed it to me, and I said "nice gun", but didn't reach for it. He wanted to know why, so I told him that with everyone standing around I didn't feel comfortable handling a gun that was probably loaded. He thought about that a minute, then pointing the gun in a safe direction, removed the loaded mag, and the round in the chamber. When he handed me the gun again the first thing I did was double check to make sure there was no bullet in the chamber, by pointing the gun straight up, and pulling back the slide, then showing the guy stand by me that the gun was cleared. Ad's, and ND's can happen to anyone, so as I say in my sig, Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.