Re: Share Your Prep
I just add to what I've got as money allows. I use the Food Saver system to vacume pack my dry goods, rice, beans, flour, corn meal, dehydrated foods, backing powder, sugar, salt. What ever comes to mind! I use the 5gal buckets from Lowes, they are food grade, and my stuff is sealed anyway. Store in the house for now, got about 15 gal. Several Crisco Shorting cans, some canned meats, boxed/packaged dinners. I also have put back some meat with this system for the freezer. Not a lot because if the power goes out, you eat it quick, or loose it. I have about 150 gals of water on hand, pluss the pond. I also have several live traps for squirrels, rabbits, racoons, possums, or anything else I can catch in them, that I might eat! I bought a couple of rolls of copper wire to use as traps for small game as well. Still adding to everything, such as shovels, axes, hoes, and hatchets. Anything I can think of that would be usefull somewhere down the road.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 10-11-2012 at 12:58 PM..