Re: how often should i clean my 22
Originally Posted by GunHugger
My 22 rimfires are the only guns that I put away after shooting without cleaning the bore. I clean the powder and crap from the action, wipe the exterior with Weapon Shield and leave the bore untouched.
I found that they like a fouled bore and shoot tighter groups. So rather than needing to fire 20 rounds to get it back after cleaning I just don't do a bore cleaning very often. There is no harm in doing what I do.
When accuracy drops I will then clean the bore with a cleaning rod, Hoppes, brass brush, cleaning patches. I have no use for bore snakes...they are only good for a half*** cleaning of the bore so I either do it right or not at all with my rimfires.
I'm the same way! I have never owned a rifle, of any caliber, that would shoot as good clean, as it does fouled.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.