Re: how often should i clean my 22
Originally Posted by LDBennett
Talking about cleaning methods for the bore of 22's, I use the Otis System.
It is a plastic covered steel cable which you feed through from the chamber end, pulling it with either a cleaning patch or the provided bore brush. The patch has six working areas. I can clean any 22 bore with two patches (the Otis unique circular patches). I use one side three times initially (a new area of the patch wetted with their solvent each time) then pull the wetted brush through about 5 or more times. I then use the other side of the wetted patch for three more times to remove the fouling the brush released. I follow that with two pull throughs of a dry patch and one pull through of the last area of the dry patch that I saturate with gun oil. Bore cleaning is easy this way, and not messy at all. There is no reason to not clean a 22 bore when it is this easy. I have not noticed that my 22 gun barrels need fouling to shoot well but maybe my personal accuracy limits are worse than GunHugger's (??).
I like the Otis system too! One of the best inventions for firearms in a long time!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.