Re: How will you handle a TSA check point?
Originally Posted by Jim K
I had an experience with the local TSA (Trash Shoveling Always) group. I went to the county landfill a day after having some medical tests that required use of a radioactive trace chemical. I was stopped and asked to pull over while I and my car were checked. No problems and everyone was polite and courteous, but they definitely wanted to make sure the radioactivity was coming from me and not from the trash.
Those sensors were set up to prevent radioactive materials, incluiding medical waste, from being dumped in the landfill. A good idea, I am sure, but a bit startling to be told that I was radioactive enough to set off the detectors. I have no idea what would have happened if I had tried to board a plane in my "glow in the dark" condition. Probably a "shoot first and check later" situation, or maybe they would be afraid that shooting would set off the "walking H-Bomb".
What kind of hiway were the sensors set up on?
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.