10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Advanced Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Re: Jew,Christian, Mormon, a childs question
Originally Posted by KenV
I'm a Mormon and I'll be happy to answer. My personal savior is Jesus Christ.
For the record, Mormons believe that Jesus worked his atonement for all of mankind in Gethsemane, on the cross, in the tomb, and with his resurection. Because of his atonement, and ONLY through his atonement all mankind may be saved from the effects of mortality, which include death and sin.
In summary, I and almost all Mormons believe the following concerning Jesus Christ:
1. He was was born of a virgin named Mary, wife to Joseph, in Bethlehem of Judeah.
2. He grew to manhood in Galilee
3. He was baptized by John, the son of Zechariah
4. He preached for three years, performing numerous miracles during his ministry.
5. He organized a church, led by 12 apostles whom he personally ordained.
6. He suffered for the sins of all mankind in the Garden of Gethsemane
7. He was arrested and tried by the Sanhedrin and given to the Romans to be crucified
8. He was He rose on the third day after his crucifixion
9. After his crucifixion he appeared to Mary, his apostles, and to many others
10. After many days he ascended to heaven promising to return in glory
So what part of the above makes Mormons not "true" Christians?
So what saves us? Is it the good deeds we do?