Re: Share Your Prep
Originally Posted by aa1911
I've got a few gas cans around that I keep full but it all adds up to only about 15 gallons or so, not very much. That will get my Sequoia about 200 miles max. my truck, about 300 or so.
SHTF, doubtful I will be driving at all just due to fuel alone. Had a buddy who made his own biodiesel though, about $.55 /gallon, that would be a reasonable option possibly.
I have my mountain bike and a good pair of boots to get me around!
Once upon a time you could store gas, not any more. The stuff at the pump these days won't keep more than 2, or 3, months. Considering the amount of fossel fuel it takes to make methanol, I really think that the reason it's in our gas today is so we can't store it. I had 4 5gal cans containers that I kept gas in for everything around here. Even with pro-long in the can it still went bad. I now only buy what I need for the next week or so. I don't think you would find enough cooking oil in a SHTF situation to produce bio diesel. I would like to have some mules. I can plow with them, ride them, or use them as pack animals.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.