Re: Gun for Backyard Hunting
Originally Posted by DJ_Squizzy
I moved to north Alabama a few months ago from Florida and am looking forward to the start of hunting season in a few months.
My wife and I are buying three acres with about 1/2 acre in the back that's secluded and can be hunted on. While the land is in a rural area, it is still within a few hundred yards of houses, and it actually borders a golf course with a 150 ft stand of pines between the two.
I'm looking for a gun that would be suitable to hunt in an area like this. I'd like to keep the price under $400 if possible, and am looking for something that would be TOO loud or shoot TOO far. I'm a pretty good shot, but I don't want to accidentally injure someone or make too much noise, even though there are no laws/ordinances against me hunting there.
Welcome to the forum! CCI has a CB "Quite" round that is a 29 grain bullet traveling at around 750fps. These are quite, and they won't travel very far.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.