Re: Gun for Backyard Hunting
Originally Posted by DJ_Squizzy
I'm sorry; I'm sure I could have been much more specific! It's perfectly legal to shoot where I'll be located, it's just that there are houses near enough that I don't want to disturb them by shooting a gun that's TOO loud. I'll be shooting primarily white-tail deer from an elevated tree stand/shooting box about 15-20 feet off the ground.
The area I'll be hunting is only about 1/2 acre, more specifically 200 x 120 feet, so the longest sight line I'll be looking at are about 50-75 yards.
As Jim Summers said, use a bow. A cross bow, or a compound bow is good out to 40 yds, with practice!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.