Originally Posted by jack404
hmmm summers comin here , might just show ya from this side
know what a Hawaiian sling is ?
yeah line fishing in that would be ridiculous
Make my own Hawaiian sling for when I'm scuba, or snorkling. Here in the U.S. most states have laws about what they consider "game fish", and most won't allow you to bag "game" fish with anything other than hook, and line. Nets are regulated, and you must have a permit in most places. Even a Yo-Yo, or any mechanical device for catching fish, are regulated in some states, and on some lakes, and water ways. Bow fishing, or spear fishing is usually only allowed for "trash" fish, ie, cat fish, other than Channel Cat, gar, carp, and a few others.
I make mine for diving, but the one your friend made is a great one for carp, and gar, but we mostly use a bow in taking fish on top of the water. I use a 7" 3 pronged gig, mounted on the end of a 4', ro 5' foot long wooden dowl. The gig can be rigged to come off the dowl, or stay on. Wrist Rocket rubber bands are attached to the other end. To cock the sling, just pull the dowl thru your strong hand untill you think you have enough pressure, point, and release!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.