Re: Do you wear a sidearm at home?
I live way out in the country, no crime to speak of. Almost 100yds to the gate on the drive way. It's 6:30AM, December, and well below freezing. 4 dogs in the house that need to go out. I open the door, and as they go out, they become agressive. As I step out the door, there to my right, at the end of the porch, the dogs have 4 men surrounded! One has a shoval, and is threatening my dogs. I holler at him, and when he looks up at me he's staring into the barrel of a gun! Turns out that the 4 guys were there to replace my gas line. So it was all OK. But you never know! The guy with the shovel later asked me if I would have shot him, and I told him that as far as I was concerned he was trespassing, and threatening my property, and that yes, I would have shot him had he hit one of my dogs with the shovel. I hope they learned a lesson, I know I did. The next time it happened it was surveyers on my land, where they had no right to be! I am, and will always be armed at all times!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.