Re: I need to vent
Some of the serious issues I had with the Hornady L-N-L press include:
1. Ez-eject system locks up and often throws completed cases high to the right....
2. primer system is horrible, constantly jamming
3. Sliding primer bar fails to pick up primers
4. primer guide rod pulls out of the retaining cup at the bottom of press
5. the holes drilled in the press are mis-aligned....none of the 4 calipers I load aligned cases correctly in Station 1. You needed to use your hand to position the case under the sizing die. locking down the die with a case in the die in Station 1 is no help.
6. the indexing pawls cannot be adjusted to advance the shell plate correctly
7. there is no way to reliably replace broken indexing pawls; they don't come out of the press.
8. the lock-n-load bushings need vice grips to remove and replace dies
9. the L-N-L bushings release on their own during operation of the powder measure station
10 The case retaining spring tears up and breaks
This press will load 50 rounds or so and then, on a reliable basis, breaks down.
Hornady customer service is HORRIBLE...... I dont consider operating hours 9 to -5 monday through thursday very helpful All the parts they sent me were mailed USPS and arrived > 6 days after the call was made.
After the sixth pawl was broken and I explained that the press could not be indexed properly, they gave me a hard time about replacement parts.
HORNADY CAN GO TO HELL ...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HORNADY PRODUCT
Last edited by RAJBCPA; 11-07-2012 at 05:35 AM..