Re: 9mm vs 38acp
Originally Posted by Gail of Maine
I am looking for input as to whether I should get a 9mm or 38acp. It will be a revolver and I have shot a light 38 but not a compact 9mm. Is there much difference between the 2 in regards to hand sting and kick? My 39 special hurts when I shoot, don't know if its b/c its so light or b/c its 38p ammo. Thanks for advice.
I went thru this with my wife. She felt that the .38 just kicked to hard. We tried the low recoil ammo in it, and neither of us could tell the difference between the standard .38, or the low recoil. She then tried the Ruger LCP .380. She wasn't much more happy with it, but it did have less recoil. Remember that the lighter the gun the more felt recoil, and the heavier the bullet the more felt recoil. 9mm runs about twice the presures that the .38 does, and with a lighter bullet. But with the increased speed of the lighter bullet, there will still be a good amount of recoil. Newton's law of motion states that a force in one direction creates an equal force in the opposite direction. Have you tried the .38's in a .357? Heavier gun than a .38, less felt recoil.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 11-06-2012 at 08:11 PM..