Originally Posted by 45nut
Don't wait for them to come west, go get them now!
Our Founding Fathers thought each state could leave any union they joined.
James Madison wrote:
Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body, independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a FEDERAL, and not a NATIONAL constitution
What I want to happen-
- I want the south to rise up again.
- I want our states to vote to "opt out" of the system.
- I want our southern states to refuse to send any more money to DC.
- I want our southern states to join forces and SPIT in the face of all those that sold us out!
- I want to say a new pledge of allegiance; and OLD pledge once said by brave men & women from the south.
If my beloved south rises again against northern oppression, I vow to stand with it's leaders with all the strength I can muster in my old tired & crippled body.