Re: I need to vent
It still could be user error but both stev32 and RAJBCPA appear to be mechanically inclined. Look again at the list of problem RAJBCPA had before dumping the hornady LNL progressive press:
1. Ez-eject system locks up and often throws completed cases high to the right....
2. primer system is horrible, constantly jamming
3. Sliding primer bar fails to pick up primers
4. primer guide rod pulls out of the retaining cup at the bottom of press
5. the holes drilled in the press are mis-aligned....none of the 4 calipers I load aligned cases correctly in Station 1. You needed to use your hand to position the case under the sizing die. locking down the die with a case in the die in Station 1 is no help.
6. the indexing pawls cannot be adjusted to advance the shell plate correctly
7. there is no way to reliably replace broken indexing pawls; they don't come out of the press.
8. the lock-n-load bushings need vice grips to remove and replace dies
9. the L-N-L bushings release on their own during operation of the powder measure station
10 The case retaining spring tears up and breaks
He broke 6 pawls used in the auto advance mechanism. stev32k is also having problems with those advancing pawls.
Has Hornady let down its quality control guard? Is the design bad and people have just been putting up with the press because they have so much invested in it?
I don't applaud anyone having trouble with any reloading equipment and I hope stev32k gets his fixed but if he doesn't then it is money back time and move on (perhaps to the Dillion RL550B??).