I know that most folks don't care for fruit cake, but I like it, just can't eat it anymore. My mother made one every year, and I never saw anyone turn down a slice, or two. Her secret was Peach Brandy, and how it was applied! Buy a fruit cake, and a pint of Peach Brandy. Put the fruit cake in a good sealed cake holder. Apply the Brandy daily for at least 1 month. Mop it on, don't pour it on. Let it soak in slowly. Keep it covered so nothing evaporates!
Use the whole pint of brandy! When you cut it should be really moist, and really good!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.