Originally Posted by Dog Soldier
A gas leak caused that by accident. The owner of the house had tried for some time to sell it. He was gone and the wife and daughter had decided to stay in a hotel that night.
First time I heard this. If it's true I would bet the farm a loosened gas fitting would fill a closed-up house with enough fumes to easily do this much damage. At the point at which a small spark from a relay, a start/run switch on a furnace motor, a fridg. start-relay, coffee pot, even an iron thermostat, ignites the fumes and there goes the neighborhood. Very few other things could cause this much damage.