Re: CB/SSB Radio Use - I have a few questions.
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake
I really appreciate all the responses and suggestions. It's a lot of information to think through. Obviously, the thing to do is go into a 10 Meter Transceiver and I do understand the reasoning.
What I am thinking I will do is buy a quality CB Radio to start with, so I can get set up. Maybe you guys can help me decide on one. I have been looking at a few that range between $50 and $155 and they all have very good reviews and ratings. The two lower priced units which are Uniden have numerous high ratings and seem well worth the price. These are what I am looking at. There is much praise about the Uniden PRO520XL at $50. Many compare it to the Cobra 29 and some say it's better. Your thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.
Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio - $45
Galaxy DX-949 CB Mob ssb Swr Talkback Rog.bp Pa Mode - $130
Cobra 29WXNWST Nightwatch 40 Channel CB Radio - $134
Uniden Bearcat PC68 Elite 40-Channel CB Radio - $85
After I am set up and save a few more $$$, I buy an Amateur 10 Meter Transceiver and get an FCC License. I have come up with these for thought.
Yaesu FT-7900R Mobile Dual-Band Amateur Ham Radio 50W/45W VHF/UHF Transceiver
RANGER RCI-2950DX 10 METER RADIO NEW GRN ON BLK DISPLAY
Again, any help will be appreciated. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.
Go with the Uniden, or Galaxy. I've had to much bad experience with the Cobra. My choice would be the Uniden. There's a Radio Shack on every corner!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.