I went to Long Range Alley http://www.hkpro.com/forum/louisiana...t-la-area.html
last Saturday with Iron Eagle, and his daughter, as a guest. Thanks again Iron Eagle for the invite. We had a great time, and his daughter wanted to shoot a 1911, so I brought mine along, she loved it! And shot it well! With hand guns she shot a .22, .380, a .38 snubie, and the .45. She refused to shoot the .44 magnum! She liked the .45 best. She is 17, and it was the first time she had shot a handgun, if I'm not mistaken. The gun she brought was hers, and it was a .22 mag bolt rifle, open sights, and it shot very well.
The reason I'm posting this is two fold. To accknowledge Iron Eagles invite, and to address yours, and my, abilities with a hand gun. I haven't been doing a lot of shooting with the .45, or .44 mag lately. Been working with the .38, and .44 spcl a lot. We were shooting at 50 yards, and I was having trouble hitting a basket ball sized pumpkin at that range, due simply to not enough practice. A medicine ball sized pumpkin would have been in real trouble!
I just couldn't dial it in to less than a foot at that distance. I've heard it said that if you go two months without practice, you loose your ability to make consistent hits. It's true! I know that it costs money to get out there and practice, but believe me, it will show in your marksmanship! Good, or bad! The .45 is my carry gun, and you can be sure that it won't happen to me again!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.