Re: got a visit from the state police
Originally Posted by aa1911
I used to pick up all the trash I saw when running around the national forest here in the cascades but about 3 years ago I stopped. No matter how much I pick up, I go back and there's always more... and more...
even bushwhacking way back off of trails and roads, son of a bee otch if I don't find beer cans! It's like they're being sprinkled around the woods by aircraft, cripes. How hard is it to bring your trash with you, I mean, it's significantly lighter than when you brought it!
One day I will catch someone redhanded dumping trash in the forest, it will be a bad day for them.
There's a guy down the road from us that had people dumping their trash in his back 40 which butted up to the road and a nice convenient pull out, he put up a sign (that's still there after 2 years now!)
says "Dump trash here, and you will meet God!"
I ran into a guy just like you many, many years ago, when I was young, dumb, and in manure! Caught me throwing a coke can out the window, while driving up a mountain, on an old dirt road. When he finished with me I felt about 2" high! I picked up my trash, and learned a real life lesson. I will pass it on if I catch someone trashing the woods, or other public wilderness areas.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.