Re: How Lethal Is A .22 ???
Case #1: Guy only has enough money for 1 pistol. He needs that pistol to small game hunt and protect himself and plink with.
Case #2 Guy wants a gun to protech himself. Neither have shot much before buying their pistol. This guy buys Glock 17 with extra mags, holster and 100 rnd of sd ammo.
Guy in case one shoots a lot has cheap ammo and can kill a squirrel at 50 yards with his 22lr. Guy two shoots 2 mags holds a 10" group for 75% of them the other 25% miss the target. Guy 1 can shoot 3" groups at fifty yards with his.
I would much rather have a guy who only hits 75% of the time shooting at me vs a guy who can stack his shots in tight groups. I am sorry unless someone is hopped up on drugs and you shoot them 10 times and hit 8 to 10 times with a 22 at 21' they are not going to want to be in a firefight with you.
I have taken squirrels, raccoon, skunks, groundhogs, ducks, coyotes, and Deer all with a 22lr.
Last edited by cpttango30; 11-24-2012 at 03:42 PM..