Re: German sausage recipe needed.
Here is a good basic recipe, Tim. I don't see why you couldn't substitute the deer meat for the port, or even mix the two.
2 1/2 lbs boneless pork butt, Boston butt
2 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons marjoram
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon savory
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1. Cut the meat (and fat, if necessary) into chunks. Spread out on a pie pan or cookie sheet and place in the freezer to chill (not long enough to freeze, just long enough to become firm).
2. Grind the meat and fat together twice, using a coarse blade.
3. Add the spices to the meat and fat mixture and knead it in thoroughly.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least a couple of hours or overnight.
5. The sausage can be stuffed into prepared casings or formed into patties or appropriate bulk portions and refrigerated for up to 3 days before use after which any remaining should be frozen.