Re: Bikers Stew
Originally Posted by Crpdeth
Have you posted this before? I know I've read it and plan to try it. I love rice in my chili because that's the way mom used to make it, possibly because they grew up dirt poor and just wanted to make it go further.
She called it a "chili con carne", which really only means peppers with meat... Nothing to do with rice, but man is it good.
I may have, I don't remember. It is in the Southern Cruisers Cook Book, and is posted on several other fourms. I also like chili with rice, that's why I added it. The orginal recipe was found on a can of Denty Moore Beef Stew, minus the rice. The wife and I eat it a lot, it's easy, fast, and cheap, at home or on a camping trip. I must admit that I usually add a generous helping of LA hot sauce to mine. Kicks it up several notches in my book!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.