Originally Posted by third
hi there. i really need your help in deciding which one to get. i'm from the philippines. my main use for a firearm is home defense. i dont mind if its a single or a double stack .45 gun. i am torn between these two guns. i got a couple of questions which will help me decide.
1. are the STI Spartan's internal parts really STI? im aware that the frame,slide and barrel are made by Armscor, but what about the internals?
2. Para owners often complain about feeding problems. what would it take to eliminate these problems totally?
3.im looking for a gun which is reliable and worth investing on. i dont want to spend on another gun in case my first choice fails me. so my question is, which gun would you pick if your life depends on it?
im really hoping to be enlightened with your replies. thanks in advance.
1. I'm not sure if STI's internal parts are made by STI or not. However, I hear STI are quality firearms.
2. Never owned a Para. But most problems can be fixed by a competent gunsmith. As far as feeding problems, I think one thing with a 1911 is that you have to have good magazines. That helps a lot. If that doesn't help, I'd take the gun to a smith and have them work on it.
3. A gun which is reliable and worth investing on... One gun I can suggest is the Rock Island Armory 1911s. They are made in the Philippines. I've owned one and never had a single issue with it. I have only owned two 1911s: the Rock Island M1911A1 and my Springfield Loaded M1911A1... Both are great guns and I've never had a single issue with either. I'd trust my life to both of them.