Re: The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis
Originally Posted by SpazFreak1911
It is the same as with all religions. No religion is Democratic all major religions are dictatorial is it not true that you either believe or burn in hell for eternity? obey god or else? Doesn't sound democratic to me. Exactly why there is separation of church and state because even early protestantism wasn't compatible with democracy. In order for a religion to be compatible with democracy it has to deviate and change from what it originally was.
I understand where you are coming form, but you miss it on seperation of Church, and State. The reason for seperation of Church, and State, was because the countries our founding fathers came from had a State Church. In order to have a system that let everone believe the way they wanted to, it was made clear that a State Church was not going to happen in this new Government.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.