Re: in response to way of life ending, things we can all do!
Gardning takes time to learn. Just when you think you know it all someone will teach you more.
1. test your soil, dig some up and bring it to your local ag center. They will analize it for a small fee. You will get a report back on what your soil needs.
2. You need to start at least 6 months in advance to plant a crop.
3. Some plants grow good from seed in the ground some need to be seeded in cups and transplanted.
4. The heat, cold, excess water and drout are hell on the plants and one will get you usually.
5. Use Herloom seeds, they are getting harder to find.
6. Bugs are a problem but there are natural defenses you can use. Believe it or not lady bugs can be bought by the thousands and cheap too.
H U N T I N G
Unless your growing the animals it is foolish to think you can live off of it. Everyone and their brother will be hunting the same animal. When it comes to survival the law is out the window. Hunt at night, keep your family fed. But that too will only last so long.
N E I G H B H O R S
Hope they are like minded. Pool together resources.
C A N N I N G
I need more experience in this area myself.
F I S H I N G / T R A P I N G
Lakes / streems use fishing tackle and cages to trap fish.
make the most of what is around you and think about it long before you ever need to.
A M M O
You will never have enough
Who are you going to serve today?