Re: What if you held all the marbles? II
Originally Posted by graehaven
Voter involvement is not the way to solve our current situation. Having 100 percent voter turnout IN A BROKEN SYSTEM still yields the same outcome when you have TWO choices that are virtually the same AND were picked by those that control the system.
Simply abiding by the constitution and not adding the hundreds of thousands of federal laws and regulations would make the difference. But, it takes people of integrity to abide by the constitution, and when 99% of those in government have NO integrity --- this is what you get.
I totally agree with you on this. Just think of the number of people in America that would vote to raise their welfare checks. The number of people that would vote to make themselves American Citizens. The number of really dumb people that know nothing about what is going on, nothing about the Constitution, or the laws that govern America, and would vote based on the way they feel! Then add in the numbers of people that are just plain un-American, and want to see an end to Capitalism!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.