Re: a good revolver for carrying
Originally Posted by happyskeeter
If hiking in mountain lion/bear country, which really means out my front door, I carry a S&W 329 in a Krammer horsehide pancake holster. Very light and comfortable. First 3 chambers are 210 gr. Silver Tips which are quite mild compared to the next 310 gr hard cast Garretts. In town it is all Silver Tips.
Winchester Silver Tips are frangable bullets, they won't give you the penetration that is needed on a bear, or mountain lion, and possibaly not in a human! My advice is to skip the Silver Tips all together! Even Winchester doesn't recomend the Silver Tips in a .44 Mag, for anything larger than deer! The 310gr. Garrettts will do the job, and do it well! http://www.winchester.com/Products/h...ges/X44MS.aspx
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.