Re: is del-ton good?
As I said, I don't own one, but the many who do seem to really like them. There are bashers who will say they aren't built right and aren't up to Spec., but here's a few facts provided from the manufacturer that will help to dispell some of the myths about the inadequacy of Del-Ton AR's:
- Using steel cased ammo DOES NOT void the rifle's lifetime warranty.
- All flat tops have the extended M4 feed ramps
- All bolts are MP/HP tested
- If you order an upper or rifle with a flat top, it will have an F Marked front sight base
- Bolt carriers are properly staked, and sealed
- All barrels are parkarized under the gas block
- Delton only uses taper pins on our barrels
- All barrels are made of Chrome Moly Vanadium. CMV is an upgrade from the standard chrome moly. They also have the option to chrome line the barrels, or not, and you can also choose a 1x7 twist or a 1x9 twist on most profiles.
- Each and every upper or rifle that leaves until it has been test fired, not a single one leaves the factory without having that done
Considering the decent Specs., good user reviews including good customer service, the reasonable price and fairly quick availability of the Del-Tons from the factory, I'd think it would be hard to go wrong.
Fear is a reaction..........Courage is a decision