Re: Savage 99 Feeding problem
How handy are you? If not so much, find a 'smith.
If mechanical things don't put you off, this isn't rocket science.
1. Make sure the rifle is unloaded.
2. Remove the fore end. One screw is usually is all there is. If you have a barrel band model, take it to a smith.
3. You will need a hollow ground screw driver, modified to fit on the split nut securing the rotary mag spindle.
4. Loosen the small screw above the counter port and partially withdraw. This screw locks the magazine tensioner by interfering across the flats on it. You'll feel it drag across the tensioner. If you remove it all the way the tensioner will spin slack.
5. Using the modifed hollow ground screwdriver and judiously moving the keeper screw on and off the tensioner, tighten the tensioner one flat and see if that takes care of your problem. Do not over tighten.
Good luck. It takes longer to explain.