Re: a pistol fit for a President
Originally Posted by Diamondback
Haven't seen Will Rogers but I have been to Woolaroc, near Bartlesville and the J.M. Davis museum in Claremore. Woolaroc was the estate of Frank Bartles and has a collection of one of a kind Colt and a large variety of other firearms. J.M.Davis in Claremore is almost exclusively firearms or firearms related with a healthy smattering of other unusual collectibles. They had on disply the worlds largest shoulder firearm. A chinese wall gun almost 8ft long in about a .90 caliber and the worlds smallest working firearm, A Kolibri magazine fed semi-auto in 1mm.
They have dispalys of the guns of famous outlaws and the lawmen who pursued them. Both are well worth the time if you are in the area.
We did the whole Will Rogers thing when we were up there last. I'm now thinking about going back! It was a lot of fun, and it takes a couple of days to do the museum, and the Will Rogers home.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.