Re: Gang defense and tactics
Originally Posted by The Duke
Its a damn shame we have to live in fear of the street thugs and imported terrorist in this the greatest county on earth.
Fortunately, as Carver, my neighborhood is rural and mostly crime free...There are denizens in some areas of town that could nut-up and start something, but the police and sheriff have let it be known that it aient gonna happen...
Just because I happen to reside in a quiet location doesnt mean Im not prepared for the worst..I think you got the right ideas to make preperations in advance and not wring your hands after something happens to you or your family...
My "go-to" guns are a Springfield XD .45ACP with tac light, Mossburg 930 12 ga, 00 buck, tac light and a SW AR when things get really bad....
I thought at one time, adding a night vision scope on the Mossburg would be simply ideal for a home and property protection piece, short of landmines and booby traps.....
Sometimes even the best ideas dont turn out so well...The scope is an ATN 360 Paladin..1st gen...Works well enough out to about 100 yards, but mounted on my shotgun..NO WAY...It is far too heavy and makes the shotgun unwieldy....I quickly took it off and went with the light...I dont think you need the strobe, just another thing to think about...but to each his own..
I like the idea of the night scope, wish I could afford one! Anything enters my yard, and the dogs tell me about it! When I go to the door:
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.