Re: Defending yourself after the collapse of society
Originally Posted by Martwizz
is there a difference between a coach gun and a regular side by double barrell shotgun that has been sawn off? I think that the coach gun would come underneath the minimum legal shotgun size (24"), and would therefore be classed as a 'firearm'.
Just curious here, is that 24" overall, or the length of the barrels? The short barrels of a shotgun will serve you well in close quarter combat. It is easier to get around corners without exposing any more of your self than necessary. It is extremely efficientat close ranges. My problem with the .22 is that you have to make several good solid hits on a target to get a stoppage. I would opt for the larger caliber rifle with the scope. Gives you the ability to reach out and touch some one, and it only takes one well placed shot. The .22 is lighter, and eaiser to carry, and because of the weight of the ammo you can carry a lot more of it, but it lacks stopping power. Remember this one thing, if you survive long enough, you will aquire other weapons from time to time. Maybe much better weapons than the ones you started with.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.