Re: thoughts on a 357
Originally Posted by Appliancedude
So I've decided to by a 357. My old man has a SW mod 57 so I'm leaning towards the SW. I was looking at 2 different guns a t sportsmans the other day, but for the life of me I can't remember what models. Both were 5 shoot exposed hammers. 1 was a SW and the other a ruger. The ruger was about $80 cheaper. I know the reliability of the SW but how well do the rugers hold up.
This is gonna be mostly a home protection and sidearm for hunting. It will get it fair share of plinking too but not as much as the other guns I intend to buy
My thoughts on the .357 sunbie is that both the Smith, and the Ruger, are both well built guns. I like the guns with hammers better than those without hammers, simply because they can be fried in single action mode. The .357 is a good round for SD, but can have a problem with over penetration. This also makes the .357 a good hand gun for deer hunting. The down side to this gun as a SD weapon, especially in the home, is the noise, and the muzzle flash! Both can be very bad for the defender, as they will leave you with out the ability to hear, or see, for a few seconds. And that is not conducive to second shot accuracy!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.