I agree ROMT. It is a time of somber & sober reflextion. Christ took "our"
sin upon himself and endured "our"
But, we can also REJOICE, REJOICE in a LOUD VOICE, lifting PRAISES upon HIM!! For Jesus himself told us NOT to weep & mourn for HIM. He came to die for us; more than his "Resurrection"
was because HE loved us so much!
His death "would"
have been tragic "IF"
he died in vain.
But, it wasn't tragic! Jesus didn't die in vain.
- Jesus came to die for us!
- He came to be "resurrected" for us!
- He came to restore us unto HIMSELF!
- He came to bring us VICTORY!
- He's coming again to "CALL" us into HIS Kingdom!
That's why we can rejoice. That's why we can say, "Oh death where is your sting?"
For me "Easter" in not only about Christ's death. Easter is about HIS Resurrection & VICTORY over satan. That's why we can be happy and we can REJOICE and shout praises unto the LORD!
We no longer have to live in sorrow & shame!
We can boldly lift our eyes unto the LORD and proclaim; "ABBA FATHER!"
- We no longer have to FEAR judgement.
- We no longer have to be afraid of death.
- We no longer have to live in defeat & despair.
I say REJOICE in a LOUD voice & PRAISE HIM!!!
He has RISEN!!!