Re: resoldering old double barrels
Thank you for your reply and value your information. What I probably forgot to mention
is that the barrels are already apart. So, I guess that generates a few questions!!
1. how to realign the barrels
2. what kind of jig do I design to do the job
3. once barrels are aligned do I solder them then add the ribs or all in one process
4. What brand of solder and flux
5. How do I know where to place the ramrod escutcheons
I realize this is a real undertaking and very time consuming; and might fail in the process and make a real mess of things. But I am not one to back down from a challenge knowing full well I could screw it up. But what the heck! I'm disabled and all I have is time and hopefully enough patience and skill to pull it off. I've done my share of work on old firearms but this will be a first.
Any other words of wisdom would be most appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.