Originally Posted by bobski
just read the details on your wife ryan. wow. i feel for you. so is it wise to consider a 500 mile trip if the wife is on standby for a heart? or is it a good idea to take some of the stress off you and the boy to get away from it for a time?
Thanks for asking.My first responsibilty is always the wife.She is currently on the heart transplant list but not a High enough level to get a call.Thats because she has the heartmate 2 device that keeps her healthy while shes waiting.She can travel as long as shes up to it.We just have to inform the doctors if were going more than 4 hrs away.We have to give them are itenerary and map out the route were taken so they can inform the hospitals along the route and the closest Heartmate 2 certified hospital closest to you in case she has a problem.Although if shes doing good I might have her stay with her parents and just me and the boy will come.Im glad you asked I need to do a hospital search.Whats the closest big city to you?