Re: New hunter with questions
Welcome to the forum! You can get the rifled barrel for around $250, or so: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/391...e-sights-matte
Or you could go with the 28" barrel with rem-chokes for a few dollars more: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/754...ddle-bead-blue
With the 28" barrel, and rem-chokes, you can hunt anything you want to from the smallest of game, like doves, to deer, and even bears! You will be limited on your distance as to what shot you are using. That means that you have to buy the shot size you want, depending on the game you want to hunt, and then pattern the gun. Same with slugs, you are limited to the distance that you can put all of your shots on an 8" paper plate. I've seen guns that will give you 65 yds with slugs, and I've seen guns that will give 100 yards with slugs. As jstgsn stated, a rifled barrel with sabot slugs will shot out to 200yds, and do so accurately.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 09-08-2012 at 07:29 PM..