Re: New hunter with questions
Originally Posted by robman2629
Thank you with the advice so far. Jstgsn, in order to hunt in Maine you must take a safety class. I imagine our hunts are similar in that most of the places around here, you dont have much space to shoot a rifle. However, there are opportunities for that to happen. I am able to unscrew the choke. Thoughts on this barrel http://www.shopremingtoncountry.com/...&searchSize=12
I do need to go to the range seeing that i only shot the gun three times.
Country, I am looking to spend around 400-500, if I dont just make improvements to my shotgun. If I can do it effectively, I would much rather just use my shotgun.
You state that you are unable to unscrew the choke. Does that mean that the choke is removable? If the choke can be screwed out, there will be 4 small cutouts in the end of the tube. These are for a choke tube wrench, an item that can be purchased for only a few dollars. The 26" barrel you posted does not say what choke it is, nor does it state that it is fitted with choke tubes. Choke does matter! Full choke shotguns don't handle slugs well. They tend to squeeze the slug, and cause it to veer off on one direction or another. The barrel you posted is also in matte black finish that probably won't look too good on your gun. What you need is a 26", or 28" barrel with rem-chokes. They make all kinds of sights to go on shotguns, but here's one example: http://nougban.info/universal-slugge...ger-sight.html
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.