Re: Daily Devotional; formerly Chaplains Corner
Submit to those in authority because they are in power by God's direction -
one side of the issue -
Jews being herded into prison camps -
other side of the issue -
Always a quandry!
For today, I came across an interesting list.
How to Be Perfectly Miserable. (and stay that way!)
1. Think about yourself.
2. Talk about yourself.
3. Use the personal pronoun "I" as often as possible in your conversation.
4. Mirror yourself continually in the opinion of others.
5. Listen greedily to what people say about you.
6. Insist on consideration and respect.
7. Demand agreement with your own views on everything.
8. Sulk if people are not grateful to you for favors shown them.
9. Never forget a service you may have rendered.
10. Expect to be appreciated.
11. Be suspicious.
12. Be sensitive to slights.
13. Be jealous and envious.
14. Never forget a criticism.
15. Trust nobody but yourself.
And the formula for being happy? Memorize this list, and avoid doing anything on it!
Romans 12:3 (NRSV);
“For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NRSV);
“Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;”
May God bless each one of you -
A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.