Re: which caliber for all around use?
The 7.62 x 39 is on a par with the old 30/30 round, a 100 -150 yard shooter, so it's out. Of the two remaining calibers I would have to go with the .308 simply because there will be a larger supply of readily available ammo. It's maybe not the better choice balistically speaking, but it will get the job done. 1500, and 2000 yards is a longgggg way!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.