Re: Prep for the week
Originally Posted by aa1911
a groundhog hole fire is extremely effective and produces very little smoke if any and no visible flames as it's below ground, used it in survival training.
Dig about an 8" hole roughly 12-18" straight down, then tunnel in a second hole about 18" away at roughly a 45' angle until you hit the bottom of the main (first) hole you dug. Build the fire in the main hole, the air vent you dug in will provide the draft/oxygen needed to fuel your fire.
the whisperlite is a backpacking stove, extremely light; it weights about the same as a loaded pistol magazine; the only weight is the fuel really.
That trick was originated by Native Americans, and it does work well.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.