Re: Self defense for truckers
Originally Posted by Gun Geezer
What about interstate travel in RV's ( travel trailers, 5th-wheels, motor homes etc.)? Can the gun be secured in the RV if it's not directly accessible from the tow vehicle?
About ten years ago we decided to make a very long tour thru the western U.S., about 7,000 miles. I was worried about the same thing that you have asked. I got on the phone, and called every state, every state park, and every National Park that we intended to visit, and those close by in case we decided to go there. Everyone was polite, and the worst it got to be was gun unloaded, and stored seperate from the ammo. I never did unload the guns, and had no problems with anyone. Cops are not apt to stop you in a private vehicle if you are minding your P's, and Q's. Truck driver is whole nother story!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.