Re: Self defense for truckers
Originally Posted by Double D
I am not one to ever suggest breaking the law. I have a clean record and follow the laws of the land to the best of my ability. But no job is going to dictate my ability to protect myself when I am out in situations where there is no protection. If I am asked to travel to a military base or federal installation, I will stop at a gun shop in that town and make arrangements to leave my firearm with them or with another driver outside the post until I make my delivery, but I wont travel unarmed, period. As a traveling citizen, I wont go to any state that doesnt recognize my carry permit. So, if anyone I know or any relatives might live in one of those states, they will never see me again unless they come to me. I will not disarm for anyone.
I think like you! I've even carried in D.C. Visited the musems, and such, but I had a woman in a wheel chair that I was pushing, and the Security Guards would let us thru with out using the wand, cause the chair set of the alarm. I have to admit that I was more than a little worried at times. Everything worked out fine that trip, but won't ever test the Guards at the metal dectors again! No metal dector, I'm packin'! And this is just one of the many reasons that I no longer drive a truck! Those of us that were driving into Canada on, or just after, 9-11 can tell you all some stories!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 09-27-2012 at 10:56 AM..